LI Tennis Courts Association
The Association was created in 1990 by a group of committed villagers who raised funds to build two tennis courts in the grounds of the village school. In 2007, the original tarmac surface of the courts was replaced by a carpet surface known as ‘Textplay II’. This has provided the Association with a surface that plays with characteristics somewhere between grass and a tarmac court.
- Club Nights – Monday and Thursday during the spring and summer at 6.00pm commencing 8th April.
- Saturday mornings throughout the year, with beginners and improvers starting at 9.30am and others at 11.00am.
- Coaching – available on the courts at times during the day and in the light evenings.
- Competitions – no League table or ladder at the moment
- Tournaments – Spring and September plus Mince Pie & Mulled Wine Tournament in December.
- Matches – arranged on an ad hoc basis, nothing regular.
To find out more please visit the LI Tennis Courts Association website.